Saturday, August 8, 2009

A whole lot of changes

So it has been months since I have checked any blogs or written anything new, so here is our update. My parents took our family and spouses to New York in May. Kane didn't get to go due to just getting a new job :( Other than being extremely sick in New York it was so much fun. Too bad I wasn't on "What Not to Wear" and have $5,000 to spend on clothes!

Anyways good news and bad news when we got home. The following Monday we found out that I'm pregnant again!!! (hence the sickness in New York) We also found out that same day that unfortunately, Kane lost his job. Nothing he could have done about it either.
So due to Kane not having a job for a few months, paying the stupid amount for COBRA to keep our health insurance, and trying to pay off Kane's teeth before the baby gets here... we get to move in with my parents! I am so grateful that my parents are willing to give up some of their basement, and that we have the opportunity to get our finances under control.

And back to the really exciting news our due date is February 2nd, and I will be 15 weeks on Monday! On August the 17th, 1 week from Monday we get to find out if our babe is a boy or a girl!! My doctor does all of his gender ultrasounds at 16 weeks which is earlier than most other doctors, and i can't wait!

Its crazy how everything happens in life but we are so excited for what is to come!

13 comments:

Brickton, Candice and Baby Boss said...

THat is awesome about baby!!! And sad about his job... and awesome that your parents will let you stay with them! Hope all is well with you guys! I am so happy you are prego again!

Sheryl said...

Congrats on the baby! We are so happy for you. Sorry to hear about Kane's job, but something better is just around the corner. Everything happens for a reason.

It is awesome that you are able to move back home. That is one thing I hate about being in Arizona, none of my kids have that option. It is really hard to not be there for them that way.

Kristina said...

16 weeks! I'm so jealous! My doctor was going to do it at 18 weeks, but we were in California for Christmas when that came up so we didn't get to find out that Michael was a boy until 20 weeks...such torture! I'm so excited for you guys!

Davis Valley Classic said...

Congrats again on the baby! I'm so excited for you two! That's awesome that you're going to live with your parents, they're so great it will be a blast living there! Please hang out with me soon, I really miss you! I'll only be working for probably another month, so then our work schedules won't clash so much and we can hang out a lot more!!!

Anonymous said...

that is so exciting!!! we are so happy for you!

sorry to hear about kane's job, however, it sounds like everything will work out:)

Jen said...

Well at least you get some good change even though there is some bad change as well. Hopefully things work out well for you on every front!

Tristen and Scott said...

Congrats about the baby!
We are very excited for you. Sorry about Kane's job. Doesn't it seem like when it rains it pours?

Grandmajoann said...

I am pretty excited for you. And I know that since you posted this Kane has a job and that is the start of good things coming! You will love being with Mom again and it will be fun planning this new event with mom and dad and Kane. How fun for all of you. Love ya lots....

MORE Services said...

That is so awesome about the new kid to come. I am so happy for you two. You deserve it. Maybe I should plan a trip in the latter month of Feb.. I would so love to hold a new one again. Its been way too many years. I am so happy for you.

MBond007 said...

I'm so glad you are doing good! I can't wait for you to find out! We find out.. again on tuesday if our GIRL is still a GIRL.. It's so exciting!!!! We need to get together soon!

Scott and Shay said...

Congratulations! I am soooooooooo excited for you!

sarahbjolley said...

i really like you guys, and i really like your blog!

Ang said...

Congrats! Moving in with the parents is never a great feeling BUT how wonderful that it is an option, we've been there, done that and survived!